Some different options for the JD400 included:|
- 202 cubic inch diesel engine---180 cubic inch gasoline engine
- Collar shift transmission---Collar shift transmission with reverser
- Manual---Power Steering
- Heavy cast non adjustable front axle (for use on a loader, backhoe, or sideboom tractor) Not avaliable for the 2020.
- Swept back adjustable front axle (same as used on some 2020s)
- Front counterweight for use with a #94 or #95 backhoe, 271 pounds!
- Front counterweight for use with a #92 or #94 backhoe, 574 pounds!
- Rockshaft for 3 point hitch
- Three different hydraulic pumps (most likely different capacities for backhoe, etc)
- Belt Pulley
- Mid mounted PTO
- Rear mounted PTO (540RPM, 1000RPM, either or, switchable, live, not live)
- Rear axle extension
- Weights for rear wheels
- Deluxe Seat
- Vertical or Rear exhaust (can't have loader with rear exhaust)
- "Protective" Canopy (with loader)
- Protective Canopy WITH Roll Guard (without loader)